A quick post on some great news about Xamarin University’s new payment plan.
About Xamarin University
Xamarin University (XU) is a very professional resource that helps developers to learn the skills necessary to build amazing, fully native Android, iOS, and UWP apps in C#. Today, XU provides the following content:
- Live Sessions: Learn to build iOS, Android, and Windows mobile apps with our live, online lab-based classes, delivered by Xamarin experts across all time zones.
- Courses: From beginner development classes to advanced patterns and enterprise security, Xamarin University has you covered with over 80 courses across nine different learning tracks. Class recordings and labs are also accessible at any time.
- Office Hours: Get questions answered fast by Xamarin experts in 30-minute 1:1 sessions. Review architecture, remove technical roadblocks, get mobile strategy guidance, and more (office hours are 30 minutes each and limited to 1 per month per seat).
- Self-Guided Learning: Get essential Xamarin training while earning course credits towards certification. Classes include the same content as our live sessions but are designed to be taken at your own pace.
- Guest Lectures: Exclusive access to industry luminaries via live sessions provide valuable instruction on topics beyond the Xamarin University curriculum. Check out upcoming and past guest lectures.
- Lightning Lectures: Access short talks on various topics such as push notifications with Azure, backgrounding in Xamarin.Forms, OAuth and OpenID Connect in mobile, tvOS with Xamarin, plus much more.
Learn more about the new pricing and some handy links to get more information on Xamarin University after the break.
Paying the price
Xamarin offers a free trial that allows you to get a taste for it for 30 days. But after that, you previously had to pay $1499 per year. Quite a big investment for solo developers or small companies. Especially since most developers don’t have time to commit themselves to a study every month.
Xamarin University: learn the skills necessary to build amazing, fully native Android, iOS, and UWP apps in C#
I was happy to learn that Xamarin recently changed the payment plan and is now offering XU on a monthly basis for a mere $83.25 per month. This enables most of us to pick up their content for a few months and get their hands on their classes, content and prepare for the Xamarin University Certification*.
*Xamarin University states that you need to complete 6 classes per year after certification to renew your certification
- Instructions for ordering the Xamarin University monthly subscription
- The Xamarin University public website
- Information page on Certification
- Xamarin University login
Also, be sure to check out Microsoft’s Channel 9 for more (free) content on Xamarin
Hopefully, the new pricing helps more people to take advantage of the content that Xamarin University provides and build cool mobile solutions for iOS, Mac, and UWP.
Let me know your thoughts on the XU Pricing and the classes and content that it provides in the comments below.